Wednesday 8 June 2011

Next Generation

I would apologise for the long delay between posts, but I doubt either of you who follow this blog are really all that bothered. But still, I feel bad for neglecting this bloog for as long as I have. Bad me. Quite a lot has been going on actually, but I'm not sure I'll be able to remember it all.

Well, first things first. For those of you that don't know, the next book in an amazing series is coming out on the 4th of October, and I'm really not sure I'll be able to wait that long. The Son of Neptune is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series, which is a follow on of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian's series (five books long). I am so very, very excited and I really, really do not want to wait until October. I actually just downloaded the first chapter of Rick Riordan's website and it really is looking to be an amazing book.

On a related note, I bought the first book of Rick Riordan's other series, the Kane Chronicles, the other day, and have only just started reading it. As you may or may not know, the Kane Chronicles are all about the Egyptian gods (just like PJatO is about the Greek gods, and HoO is about the Roman gods), so I'm not keeping up with this one as I did with PJatO. Either way, it's looking to be a very good read, but I don't really have the time, or the perseverance to read a lot at a time. Still, gotta keep at it.

The other books I bought along with The Red Pyramid (first book in the Kane Chronicles), is the latest Skulduggery Pleasant book, called Mortal Coil as well as The Ring of Water, which is the fifth book in the Young Samurai series, and finally, I decided to look into a new book(or series?) called Time Riders. I haven't started reading it properly yet, but I read the first chapter in the store, and it's looking to be good. Fingers crossed. But still, that means that I now have eight books on my shelf that I haven't read yet. God, got to catch up to myself. (That sounded weird.)

Moving on from books. I spent the best part of today and yesterday working on a little fetish of mine called; Next Generation OCs. I confess, I'm hopeless about it. Quite a while ago I made about 21 Naturo Next Gen. OCs, and since then I've been making little scribblings in my notebook about One Piece and Fairy Tail Next Gen. OCs. Well, I finally started working on them for real, getting it all onto my laptop and such. It's good fun, though Once Piece is difficult, owing to the lack of compatible females (Seriously, Oda-sensei, you're just encouraging the yaoi fangirls!).

Let me start at the beginning, cause I have a feeling I could ramble about this for hours. I'll start with my Naruto NGOCs: Obviously, I worked on the basis that my favourite pairings would happen. Duh. So if you don't like NaruHina, SasuSaku, ShikaTema, NejiTen or KibaIno... then I'm very sorry. I won't go off describing all of the OCs, cause we'd be here forever, but I'll just mention my favourites. First of all, there's Akai, Naruto and Hinata's oldest. When she was concieved, the Kyuubi basically used some of his chakra to transfer himself into the foetus. So... Akai isn't a jinchuriki, exactly, because she kind of is the Kyuubi, in human form and without the Kyuubi's memories. (It was also me poking at the whole Nature VS Nurture thing. Lots of fun.) Then, I guess there's Ryuu and Cho, kids of Neji and Tenten. Both are named after winged animals (Ryuu = Dragon and Cho = Butterfly) because of the whole 'Caged Bird' thing and Tenten's dragon scroll move. Others that are worth a mention are Inoue (Ino's daughter, obviously), Rin and Mei (Uchiha twins), and Shikari (Shikamaru's daughter, duh.)

Then there's One Piece. I feel more like gushing about this one because it's quite small at the moment, because, I say again, of the lack of females in the series. I suppose it started when I fell in love with Nami X Paulie. I decided they'd have two kids, a girl called Bellemere (I know it's kind of over done, but it's so common for a reason. Nami would call her daughter that.), and a boy called Raguna. I got that name partly from FF8, and partly from the Aqua Laguna. After that, I started to think about the other pairings in the series. The only nearly certain one I could think of was Usopp X Kaya, so I worked on that one next. It was a bit of a struggle, but then I suddenly realised... Usopp would call his first son Merry, wouldn't he? After that, I decided not to look too deep into the names I was picking, and just try and pick something that Kaya or Usopp might pick. I got Raphael, and then Rowan and Willow, who're twins.

After that I run out of pairings to work with. The only person, other than Nami or another guy, that I've seen Luffy paired with is Hancock and from what little I've seen of her, I don't like her, nor do I think she's good enough for Luffy. I toyed with Zoro X Robin for a while, but I don't know if I like it or not. Then I thought it might be an idea to pair Zoro with Tashigi. That's one fucked up relationship there, for sure. And it's one I think I like less than Zoro X Robin for real, but if anyone knows any Zoro X Tashigi stuff that could sway me to that pairing, please comment with a link. I toyed for a while with Robin X Franky, too, but I don't know how I feel about that one. Obviously, Brook and Chopper aren't really going to have kids (and if Chopper does, they'll be reigndeer) and that leaves Sanji. I hate Nami X Sanji with a passion (Nami is so not good enough for him), and the only other person I really see paired up with Sanji (other than Zoro, which is a big NO THANK YOU) is that Carmella woman, who is not good enough to even compete with Nami, and that says it all. So... yeah, in short, after I'm done with Nami X Paulie and Usopp X Kaya, I get well and truely stuck (though, there is also Vivi X Kohza, which is cute. Teehee)

Then there's Fairy Tail, which is going to be big. I've got all of Lucy and Natsu's kids, as well as Gray and Juvia's. I'm working on Gajeel and Levi's and Jellal and Erza's right now. It's kind of stressful and stuff, but still good fun. I'm trying not to ramble too much like I did with the One Piece one, so I'm not going to mention any names or anything, or I'll end up doing a fullblown rant.

Finally, there's Harry Potter. Really, JKR did most of the work already, but I've always always thought, contrary to JKR's statement, that Dudley would have a witch daughter, and I thought it would be lovely if she (who I decided to call Zoe) was the same age as Albus, Rose and Scorpius. That way, they're a set. Albus in Hufflepuff, Rose in Slytherin (haha Ron), Scorpius in Gryffindor (haha Draco), and Zoe in Ravenclaw. I'm planning a fic about them and their adventures at Hogwarts, but I don't know if I'll ever really get around to writing it...

And last of all (I think), I have an informal job interview on... tomorrow. And I need a bath. Haha. Fun. But yes, it doesn't really have much to do with my writing, but still, I don't care. I'm kind of nervous, kind of excited and... I don't really know what, except it's happening and it's new and different and... yeah. It's weird, that's what it is. Weird.

Ah, yes. I went to see the latest Pirates of the Carribean movie at the cinema, and it has rekindled my fetish for love of mermaids. Those fucking tails, dude... I nearly jizzed in the cinema.

Aaand one last thing (For real this time... I think), I had a random thought while watching X-men. Wouldn't it be cool to see a One Piece / X-men crossover? So, yeah, I'm thinking about writing about it, but it's only the beginnings of an idea at the moment, so no details.

Yes, I think that's all for now...

Ja ne~

1 comment: