Tuesday 24 May 2011

Internet Trouble

For the last couple of days, my internet has been messing about a lot. That has made me reluctant to turn on my laptop at all, which, of course, results in me not writing much either. Still, I've started a Maximum Ride fanfic which, I admit, is a bit of a shameless self-insert which fullfills my dreams of rescuing all the mutants from the School(s) and giving them a safe place to stay.

Moving onto a happier note; I found an Open University course that's very cheap, short (which is good for me because I'm easily distracted and have comitment issues), and dedicated to Creative Writing. I'm especially looking forward to the last segment of study, which introduces you to the world of publishers and publishing. Really, I can't wait.

Me and Sarah have been reading some of the Harry Potter books aloud. It's good fun, and a nice way to reread the books. We started with book 3, the Prisoner of Azkaban, and now we're reading book 5, the Order of the Phoenix.

Also, I've been reading a 'the cast reads the books' fanfic about Percy Jackson and the Olympians, written by this author on fanfiction.net who does a lot of those 'the cast reads the books' type fics:

Percy Jackson's Myth

She's done the Harry Potter books too, with the six guys who went to the Department of Mysteries (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna) as well as James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, Alice and Frank, I think. She's also done the Twilight books, but I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot barge pole.

jlmill9

On another note, I bought the fourth Young Samurai book the other day (Along with The Atlantis Complex, which is finally out in paper back, and 13 Curses, the sequel to 13 Secrets. Is looking to be a good series). I haven't had a chance to read any of them yet (though I've already read a friend's copy of The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl book 7) so I don't need to read that one), but I can't wait.

Well, I figure that's about all from me for the moment. I'll try to update soon.

Ja ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment