Tuesday 10 May 2011

Random Update

Well... Not much to say, to be honest. I just felt like updating my blog again.

I suppose... recently, my Angst Muse (They really need names) has been running around like a spaz in my brain inspiring me left right and center. As such, the obsession I'm currently focusing on is Alec Lightwood from Mortal Instruments. Being not only gay, but in love with his adoptive brother, and dating a centuries old High Warlock, it's good for a lot of unrequited love and general all round angst. Unfortunately, my ability to actually write my ideas down seems to have dried up.

I also had a very random idea recently that just won't leave me alone. I'll probably never get round to writing it, but I'll tell you all both about it anyway. Basically, I've always wanted to read the 'Icha Icha' books in Naruto, and I figure that Jiraiya uses people he knows for inspiration. So, why not write out my own Icha Icha series, based on the romantic adventures of my favourite Naruto pairings? Obviously, I would try to write it as if Jiraiya was writing it, and the characters wouldn't have the same names, but just something similar. Perhaps a name with the same, or similar meaning...? Either way, it would be bundles of fun to try my hand at, though I would have to figure out a good background plot...

I just recently finished rereading the Last Battle of the Icemark, and, predictably, I found myself bawling my eyes out by the end. It's not a bad ending (and by bad I mean the villians win and the heros all suffer eternal torment or die horribly, like Romeo and Juliet), but it is kind of... bittersweet. I simply adore all of the characters, and the setting is amazing, and the whole thing is just so... so brilliant!

Also, I just managed to catch up with all the recent Doctor Who episodes, which is awesome, and I had a most intriguing thought. What if the Doctor's next companion (and I know it'd be break the whole 'usually female' tradition, but whatever) was Artemis Fowl? Wouldn't that be hilarious? I might write a fic about that... maybe. I doubt it. Never mind.

Well, that's all the updates for now.

Ja ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment