Thursday 28 April 2011

Dokugan Ryuu

I'm going to be staying with a friend for the next month, and seeing as I'll actually have this thing called a life for that time, posts might become a little less frequent (I don't imagine I'll ever manage to post two a day while I'm there).

Either way, I meant to write this yesterday, but I was too tired and distracted by packing. I still need to finish packing, but I'll only do that once I know dad's nearly ready to go, seeing as I don't want to be without my laptop longer than I have to be.

Anyway, back onto the point of this blog, which is my writing. I don't know why, but my love for the Young Samurai series smacked me in the face yesterday, so I went and finished the third book, which I gave up on after one of my favourite characters apparently kicked the bucket. Thankfully, I found out yesterday that he survived. And I proved with this book, yet again, that I have a thing for the bad guys (more specifically the ones with tough pasts), when I fell head-over-heels for the ultimate bad guy of the story: Dragon Eye. (Yes, I know I'm hopeless, thank you. I blame my mothering instincts and my 'Saving People' thing. It's stupid, and it's probably going to break my heart a good couple of times, but what can I do?)

The ending of the third book still annoyed me, but not too much that I don't want to read the fourth, so I'm planning on getting that soon, but in the mean time, I'll settle on writing my three Young Samurai fanfics. One's based on the supposed death of my favourite character, and my persona, Setari, getting revenge for it. Lots of fun to write, and it's a bit of a song fic, in that it's got this song in it:

The Best Is Yet To Come

I totally fell in love with that song after Furry sent it to me. Gaelic is such a beautiful language~... I'm determined to learn it, along with Japanese and possibly Old English, before I die. But yeah, that fic is called 'Retribution', for obvious reasons (I'm not usually very inventive with my fic titles) and I may or may not shove it up on deviantART once I'm done (It's a self insert, so I probably won't put it on fanfiction.net).

The next I've done barely any work on at all, but it's called 'Apprentices' and it's based on how totally pissed off some of the parents (one in particular, really) in the series make me. His son is working so goddamn fucking hard for his approval, and he can't even be fucking bothered to say 'Well done' once in a fucking while. Stupid prat. Ahem, yes. As you can see, bad parenting is one of the few things that can get me well and truely riled up. Personally, I think shouting at your children qualifies as abuse, let alone everything else that parents do in the name of 'discipline' (which is a stupid word and concept, really, but I won't go into that.)

Moving on, before I get too pissed off: Apprentices was also inspired by this Naruto fic I found on deviantART a very long time ago, and am still in love with. It's a NaruHina, and in fact, Naruto and Hinata are about the only characters from Naruto that feature in the story for more than one chapter. But the OCs in it are awesome and spectacularly well made, and everything else from the backstory, to the OCs' pasts, to all the tiny little details, is beautifully crafted. I'd very much like to see a sequal, but I don't know if that'll happen...

Two Halves

But yeah, the way it inspired Apprentices is that one of the main themes of the story is Naruto and Hinata being 'partner trained'. The concept is simple; they're trained to fight together like a team so flawless they fight like they can read each others minds. I love this concept and intend to kidnap it for my Apprentices fic, though really, the credit for the idea has to go to the author of Two Halves, or at least, whoever gave them the idea, if it isn't theirs.

The last is a hopeless self-insert. It doesn't have a title yet, but I'm sure I think of one eventually. I'm not entirely sure that the timing lines up, but I don't care. The basic plot of the fic is that my persona, Tari, took care of Dragon Eye when he was seriously injured. One thing led to another and then he up and leaves without a trace and Tari finds out she's pregnant. Fun. Twelve years later, Kaida and Ryuutaro (if you're familiar with the Japanese language and Japanese names, then you'll surely be able to see why I picked those names. Teehee.) head to the Niten Ichi Ryu to train as Samurai (Oh, hurrhurrhurr, Dragon Eye would just hate that, wouldn't he?). It really is a bit of a wish-fullfillment fic, as it's main point is that Dragon Eye gets 'healed' by Tari and his kids.

Yes, I'm aware I'm hopeless, and that bad guys don't get 'saved' that easily, but shoosh. A girl can dream. I even have a couple of fics planned out where Tari saves Voldemort for cripes sake. Dragon Eye is, as awesome a bad guy as he is, still a step down from Voldemort's ruthlessly crazy evilness.

On a related note not related at all note; I've been looking for pictures of Smallpox scars on the internet, but all I can find is pictures of Smallpox itself. I know what Smallpox looks like, thank you, Google. It's gross and disgusting and I want to know what the scars look like. So if you know any good pictures of smallpox scars on the internet (and by good I mean not so blurry or small that you can't actually see the scars), please lemme know because it's been bothering the hell out of me.

Anyway. Now that I'm done ranting about all that shit, I need to get packing.

I'll try to keep posting something every day, but no promises (to all you non-existant readers out there. Ha).

Ja ne~!

No comments:

Post a Comment