Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Devil's Canvas

Well, this post is going to be a little more related to writing than my last, but to be fair, I wrote the other one when I'd been up for over 20 hours and I still can't be sure exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway, the main point of this post is yet again for me to expound upon the virtues of a certain fanfic that I've been addicted to. Unlike Twin Vice, however, this one is heavy on romance and drama and there's a certain thriller-ish quality to some of the more recent chapters. The Devil's Canvas is a Kuroshitsuji fanfic (if you haven't seen it, do so. It's weird and awesome and kinda creepy, but all the more awesome for it), and a Ciel X Sebastian fic. Ciel X Sebastian is my OTYP (Official Top Yaoi Pairing). I simply adore the sort of twisted bond and fight for dominance they have in the anime (I really do need to read the manga), and that's without any explicit romance. I shiver at the thought of what an experienced writer could do with them in a romantic setting: which is exactly what Akiru-chan has done.

The Devil's Canvas

It's an AU fanfic, and it really has been beautifully planned to bring out the best qualities of the relationship shown in the anime, with Sebastian dragging Ciel down into his dark little world and Ciel finding, to his surprise, that he rather likes it there. I can't really say much more about the fic without giving away spoilers or repeating myself, but if you've watched Kuroshitsuji (and if you haven't, go watch it now), then The Devil's Canvas is definately worth a read.

Well, now I have a sort of plan, I suppose: once I'm done watching Once Piece, I need to watch the Kuroshitsuji II, and read the Kuroshitsuji manga. After that, I need to catch up with the Fairy Tail anime, and get back to the Fairy Tail manga. (Is it just me, or did they leave Gildarts out of the 'Who might be the strongest in Fairy Tail' in the anime? I remember Natsu mentioning him, but when I rewatched the anime, he didn't. So was it just in the manga?) After that I really need to catch up with the Naruto anime and the Bleach anime, and I still haven't managed to watch the ending of the original FMA anime, and I wanna do that before I read the manga, and then I'm going to watch the new anime.

Hahah. I wonder if I'll even manage to catch up with all the anime and manga I want to watch/read? I doubt it, but a girl can hope, right? Haha...

And suddenly, I feel like working on Scarlet String (which is a Ciel X Sebastian fic I've been trying to write), even though I've been stuck on one bit for months now...

Oh well, either way. I need to watch more One Piece now~

Ja ne~!

No comments:

Post a Comment