Monday 25 April 2011

Twin Vice

Well, I managed to sleep through the entire day today. I went to sleep sometime around ten in the morning, and woke up around ten in the evening. Joy. And on top of that, my dreams were seriously weird. Can't remember them well, but they woke me several times during the night day.

I suppose I can only blame myself. Right before I went to sleep I noticed that this Harry Potter fanfic that I'm addicted to had just been updated, and I tried to read it even though I was falling asleep on my keyboard already. This fic I'm talking about is one hundred percent amazing. It's like... Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes meets Alice's Adventures in Wonderland with a good healthy dosing of Skulduggery Pleasant on top. Basically it's awesome, whacky, hilarious and addictive. You should definately check it out if you've got time.

Twin Vice: Paranormal Detectives

The other most awesomely amazing thing about that fic, beyond all the obvious awesomeness that comes from it being about the Weasley Twins, is that it always inspires me to write one of my little original plot bunnies. It started with the random thought that a seventh son of a seventh son would have a fucking huge family. So I found a good family tree maker on the internet and got to work.

Well, so far, it's got about 85 people on it.

The main character, the seventh son of a seventh son, is called Taye. Taye Seith Morgan. He also happens to be a thrice blessed child: Not only is he the seventh son of a seventh son, he was born at midnight on Samhain (All Hallows Eve, or Halloween to all you conformists/christians out there), and he also happened to be born on a Ley Gate (A place where two or more Ley Lines converge). This makes him way more than just innately magical. He's practically bursting with magic which happens to spill out of him at some rather inopportune moments. (You do not want to see Taye throw a tantrum. He might just flatten a city or two.)

Other than Taye, there are two main characters. Both are his cousins, and most of the story ideas I've had for him revolve around family get-togethers or camps of somesort that they all end up going to. First, there's Rosine, who's the daughter of Taye's youngest uncle, and his wife, who is a seventh daughter. Rosine happens to be a seventh daughter of a seventh daughter, which, though doesn't make her quite as magical as Taye, gives her the power to see the spirits of the dead, and the auras of the living.

Then there's Mirana. There is absolutely nothing magical about her. She can't see ghosts, or the many fantastical creatures that Taye can. She can't see any of the magical places that Taye can either, until she actually steps inside them. She is completely and utterly not magical, but without her, Taye and Rosine would sit safely at home not having any adventures at all, and then there wouldn't be a story to write. The one thing that's worth noting about Mirana is that she is so not magical, that magic doesn't affect her. A Pixie can't hex her, nor can a ghost possess her, a Marsh Wriath couldn't lead her astray, and the Banshee's cry does absolutely fuck all to her, expect annoying the hell out of her.

Well, if you read all that, then you're a saint and you deserve a cookie. Here's a link to the family tree, if you're interested:

Morgan Family Tree

Oh, yes. Some of the people there have pictures (which you'll see if you select them), which I made on this very awesome Face Maker I found on deviantART. I use it for nearly all things like that (I've got some Naruto Next Gen. OCs that I created with that faceamker, too).

Face Maker

Well, that's about all I've got to say at the moment, I think. Oh! No, one last thing: As you'll find out if you get a good way into Twin Vice, May 9th is now the official Re-Fredding day. Basically, a day dedicated to Fred Weasley being alive. Either reborn, or he never died, your choice. Do something for it! A picture, a fic, a poem, whatever. Anything. (Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I want to do something...) If you do do anything for Re-Fredding Day, comment with a link, cause I wanna see!

Now I'm pretty sure that really is all for now, so...

Ja ne~!

No comments:

Post a Comment